Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Artifical Intelligence and Robotics

I think robots can do a lot of the same things as humans, but not all. I personally do not like the idea of these new robotic things, for example the robotic care. It is kind of cool that they are working on cars that can drive themselves and according to the article written by Rachelle Dragani these robotic cars could majorly reduce the number of traffic accidents. In a way I could possibly see this because the car would obey street signs and speed limits, but what if it malfunctions. In the article written by Leon Neyfakh he mentions, "What if the car screws up.?' This is a very good point because nothing is 100% reliable. I have a feeling that fully robotic cars would wind up causing more of a problem then good. Neyfakh also mentions in his article that if the robotic car hit someone, who would be responsible the car of driver. It is a very hard question and I feel like this would be a reoccurring problem. I feel they would malfunction and when that happens it would probably cost a fortune to fix. I just do not like the idea of robotic cars.
I think that both robots and humans make errors and either one of them is perfect. Therefore I really do not know who is more likely to make more errors.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you. Using robotic cars would be such a cool thing to see, but robots are made by humans too who aren't 100% perfect. Both humans and robots make mistakes. Who is it to blame if a robotic car get into an accident? It is a hard question. I think the the law makers will have to look into it very carefully and make proper laws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you also because like humans, robots can be made or function with some errors, nothing is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree with you regarding the fact that robots can do a lot of things that humans can, such as perform surgery. However, I also agree with the fact that robots should not be able to do all of the things that humans do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I really liked the idea of a robotic car but you made a really strong case against them and I feel like I agree with you know. They can cause more problems then they could possibly solve.

    ReplyDelete